Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Lesson Learned: Paris Visite Passes


The metro is the best way to zip around Paris. If you're going to be in town any length of time at all, your best bet is to purchase a Paris Visite pass which offers unlimited travel for the time specified on the pass in Zones 1-3. It's good for the metro, bus and RER trains. It will save you time standing in line at the ticket machines and digging around your pockets for loose change.

I've never had a problem with these before, but for some reason on this trip, my 5-day pass stopped working after a day and a half. Every time it would fail to let me through, I had to go to the travel agent with my tale of woe. The first few times they swiped it and it worked -- for the next time, but not any time after that.

Finally, I just asked them to tear up the old card and issue me a new one. Worked like a champ.

No comments:

Post a Comment